Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Restored Treasure

Sin separates people. It can be from something as "small" as a "white-lie" to jealousy or lust. Its consequences, even when we use these things in order to "fix" some situation for our benefit, are never satisfying or pleasant. They might provide temporary "fixes", but a solution built off of sin or our own control will never stand.

I know this is one of the foundational concepts in Christian faith. It may sound simple, but it is so profound. Separation is devastating.

I'm overwhelmed in joy today simply because I know I don't have to live in separation from God. I am a restored treasure, separated from my sin, drawn close by my God.

In this restored closeness, he says:

"You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are" -Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment