Monday, October 24, 2011

He restores my soul- Psalm 23

There's something about rainbows that have always been special in my life. I remember three significant times when I saw rainbows.

The first one I saw when I was twelve. This day I spent quite a bit of time in prayer for my teenage cousin who I found out was pregnant. In this prayer, I started praying for myself, for my own protection. I prayed, "Oh God, protect me. Find me even in the days when I don't seek you". And, oh, how He protected me. Oh, how He found me on the very night my sophomore year of high school when I almost made one of the dumbest decisions of my life. He found me. I walked out of the house after this prayer and saw the most beautiful rainbow. In that moment I felt as if God was promising to me, "I will find you". He didn't let go.

The second one I saw in Colorado this summer. I felt God was giving me the promise, "I will restore you". I didn't understand what this meant at the time, but it was a promise I've clung to and seen answers to within the last couple months.

The last one I saw at the end of this summer, before some major events happened. I felt as if God was saying "Don't forget that I'm here. I'm holding you. I'm not going to let go. I am with you"

So that sortof explains the purpose of a rainbow on my blog. It's a reminder that God keeps His promises. He finds, restores, and extends constant companionship.

Sometimes God gives us direction over time. Sometimes He reveals things to us sooner. One of the many things that is amazing about our constant God is that He never lets go. He is a God of promise. He promised to restore me and He is still bringing me back to Him.

What an incredible God.

Be encouraged today that you have a constant, loving God. He keeps His promises and restores in the most unexpected but beautiful ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment