Monday, November 7, 2011

We were made to be courageous.

Okay new favorite movie, hands down, Courageous. This movie made me laugh, cry, and just tugged at my heart so much.

This movie was such a call to action to be authentic people of God. This movie captured the lives of five fathers and their families. One of the fathers came up with a covenant for the men to sign about what it means to be an earthly father. These men all signed this covenant as a promise to their families and God to teach their children about God and love them as the Father has loved us. After they signed this covenant, their pastor told them they were double accountable.

It got me to thinking about my covenant with God and what our (Christian's) responsibility is with God once we give our lives to Him. Since becoming a Christian, I have still had problems. I have still experienced hurt, doubt, brokenness, but my responsibility as a believer is to be seeking Him. I am twice as accountable because I know the truth and I have walked with my Father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Seek justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Make me courageous, God. May I honor you by being your follower. May I continue to seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment