Sunday, November 20, 2011

Audience of One.


Awaken

There’s an image you have of me
It’s just what you’ve gathered
Of what I want you to see

The manner in which I deviate
The depth in which I allow you to wonder into my intricate sin
The screaming arm raising surrender in corporate worship
And my exaggeration of my servitude façade

The authenticity
I twist it for my advantage or search of condolence

In the audience I try to make full of millions
It’s always millions
Plus one

Even in composing these gripping thoughts
I question my incentive
As one is examining the motivations of my heart

This façade even if close to home
It disappoints, it destroys, it nullifies

This imagined falsified audience of one
It’s thwarted by incomparable, constant, perfect one

The image you have of me
And the image I lust for you to have of me
Burn it, smolder it
I surrender

I cannot attain it

He had no reputation

I build one accidently, sinfully, fully, purposefully

It’s impossible to strive for perfection
Without a possible suffice able one
Desperately in need of help

Let go of your opinion of me
Positive, negative
Sway
Crash, fall
Surmise
Away spectators

Wake up

Watch me, walk beside me
Audience of one, companion 

No comments:

Post a Comment