Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall

I was walking with my friend Becks today when I just said STOP and I made us just smell the fall air! I just wanted to soak it all in as I saw all the different shades of yellow, red, and orange leaves hanging off trees and just resting over the grass. I love this scene of leaves scattered everywhere, highlighting the beautiful brick buildings and large stretches of grass across the campus mall.


I love fall. And I love it for more than just the beautiful scenery. Fall is this time of change.


Change is something many people talk about with fear. Change brings about discomfort. In fact, this change of leaves falling brings about a discomfort in recognizing that it will be time soon for shoveling snow and bundling up for the blistering cold that will be coming.


Something else I love about fall is the wind. Sometimes the wind is pretty strong and makes me wish I had put on another sweatshirt, but I love it because it's this physical reminder that God is there. I can't see Him, but I see the effects of Him all around me. Sometimes He hollers right through the brisk air, but sometimes He is quiet. In these times that change happens because of the wind, He reminds me of His beauty because He orchestrates all of these changes and all of the life around me.


I am thankful today because I have a God who is alive! I have a God who is in control! I have a God who thought up of new seasons and allows the world to go right on going on because He is holding it in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment