Sunday, March 24, 2013

Knowing You Are.

A week ago in church my pastor was talking about peace. A lot of times people confuse feelings of pleasure or comfort as peace and right living. However, peace is laying down in bed at night knowing that what you're doing in life is lining up with what Gods will is.

Peace is laying in bed at night sometimes hurting but knowing something is right.

Peace is laying in bed at night feeling uncomfortable but saying "you are my Shepard I will not be in want, you are my Shepard I will not be, you are my Shepard, you are"

Peace comes through a process. It is taking my feelings to God and expressing them. Then it is viewing a situation with grace and objectivity, putting what another person may be going through first in my mind. Then it is fervent prayer. And it is saying whatever you want Lord. Then that's when the peace comes, when trusting the Lords will.

And then repeating it.

Peace doesn't cancel out hurt but it is seeking it that makes me realize how holy God is that I can still know peace and Gods sovereignty when I don't think it makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment