Thursday, September 29, 2011

You are treasured. You are sacred. You are His. You're beautiful.


Lately, I've been feeling this numbness, sortof. And I hate being numb. It makes me feel lost. Lost but not broken. It's a fence-sitting, unknown sort of feeling.

And yet I'm spending all this time focusing on things that frustrate me. I spend time either feeding into it, in turn making me more mad. Or I try to ignore it, which is where the numbness comes in to play.

So I don't know about all that, but I do know about being grateful. I don't feel numb tonight. I feel grateful. I feel grateful because I can choose that. I feel grateful because I can breathe, live, and think. I feel grateful because it helps me understand God better. It helps me love others better. 

Being grateful shows me how much I don't understand. I don't understand why you are so nice to me. I don't understand why you compliment me and care in such the ways you do. Sometimes it's hard to accept that because I can't comprehend it, but I'm seeking to. So I just want to thank you. Thank you for being my friend when I need it.

Oh and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ&feature=youtu.be That video sortof blows my mind. How could a person not know their worth after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment