Friday, September 30, 2011

Break my heart for what breaks yours.

My heart is so fragile. Sometimes I ask God why I feel things so deeply, but more and more I keep seeing him giving me this dear heart as his gift to me.

Talking to a close friend in her complete brokenness tonight put so much in perspective. Tonight we cried and prayed and expressed anger for two little souls in danger. We expressed fear and anger towards sin. Sin, that corrupts and destroys others. Sin that my own sinful mind cannot even comprehend.

How often do we just choose to forget? How often do we choose to not care? How often do we focus so much on the fact that our hearts hurt that we don't seek to care about those around us? Why do we think we can put limitations on how much our hearts can hold that we stop trying?

Lord, break me. Reveal your heart to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment